Hello Pax, our first ruck training, Pub Ruck, was a blast. This week, we’ll be rucking at the beautiful Riverplace Nature Trail on Thursday. I hear it’s one of the best trails in Austin. BBQ and beer at Dr. Bailey’s (Robert Stapper) house afterwards (it’s close to the trail). Check out these links for info about the trail:
- Start Date/time: 5PM, Thursday Jan 11th 2018
- Start Location: Riverplace Nature Trail (Start at Fern trail head). 3916 River Place Boulevard, Austin, TX 78730. Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/M2FMRNXuEnv
- Distance: 5.5 Miles approx.
- Estimated Duration: 3.5 Hrs
- Items Required:
- Backpack or Ruck sack.
- Weight. 30lbs if you weigh over 150lbs (20 lbs if less than 150lbs). You can wrap bricks, workout weights, sandbags, or any other items in cloth, duct tape, or bubble wrap for cushioning and put it in your sack. I’ll bring extra sandbags if you don’t have weights.
- Reflectors that can be attached to the ruck sack so people/motorists can see you in the dark. See picture below for the reflective bands I use.
- Head lamp. I have an extra one that I will bring.
- Water. Lot of people use a hydration bladder that is placed in the sack, but a water bottle should suffice.
- Dress Appropriately. It’s been chilly lately, so bring extra layers and a beanie.
- Comforatble shoes. Regular tennis shoes should be ok.
- Optional: Energy bar or goo